This salad relish is served
with most meals. It provides a contrast to hot curries,with its cool
and fresh texture.. It is also known as "Cachumbar".
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 3 ripe Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp fresh Cilantro
- 2 Scallions (Spring Onions)
- 1/4 tsp. Sugar
- Wash nicely tomatoes, scallions and cilantro.
- Remove the tough cores from the tomatoes.
- Halve the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into
- Now in salad bowl combine tomatoes with chopped scallions
and cilantro. Mix in the salt and sugar.
- Serve at room temperature.