Avocados, known as "Butter
Fruit" in India. This salad dish makes a good appetizer and is
perfect to serve with curried dishes.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
- Mixed salad leaves, finely
- 5 tbsp. plain low-fat yogurt,
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Halve the avocados and remove the seed. Gently scoop out the
flesh, reserving the skin, and cut into small cubes.
- In a bowl, mix together yogurt, cottage cheese, green
chilies, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in the avocado cubes.
Chill in the refrigerator.
- Rub the avocado skin with some lemon juice and line each
cavity with some shredded salad leaves.
- Top with the chilled mixture.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.