This Yogurt base Salad
is the eastern or Indian version of Coleslaw. Its a delicious salad
with a crunchy texture.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 11/2 Cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 medium carrots, thickly sliced
- 11/12 Cups cabbage, finely
- 2 scallions (spring onions),
- 15 grapes, seeded and halved
- 1/3 Cup golden raisins
- 1/2 Cup Cashew nuts
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a bowl beat yogurt with honey using a fork.
- In another bowl, mix together carrots, cabbage, scallions,
grapes, cashews, raisins, chopped mint leaves and salt.
- Pour in the yogurt mixture and blend everything together.
- Transfer it to a serving dish and garnish with the cilantro
or mint spigs.