To Print Picture - right-click -- Print Picture
Ashtabhairava Murthi - The Eight Aspects of Lord Bhairav
Bhairav has eight aspects to him which are symbolized with 8 primary aspects of fear. These are -
- Kala Bhairava – Black as time is seen which spares none.
- Asitanga Bhairava – Black limbed meaning limbs of terror.
- Samhara Bhairava – Destruction and annihilation.
- Ruru Bhairava – Wild dogs meaning destruction which chases you.
- Krodha Bhairava – Anger or terrible wrath.
- Kapala Bhairava – The skull which symbolizes death through destruction.
- Rudra Bhirava – The terrible.
- Unmatta Bhairava – The raging one.