Jhatpat Chatpate Aloo
- 4 large Potatoes (boiled & peeled)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (freshly roasted and
- 4-5 Black peppercorns (freshly roasted
- 3 Green chillies (slited lenghtwise)
- Few curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Black salt
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp.
Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice or to taste
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander leaves (finely
- 2 tbsps ghee or vegetable oil
- Cut the boiled and peeled potatoes into same
- Heat ghee/ oil in a pan and add the cumin
seeds, green chillies and curry leaves. When the cumin seeds
begin to change colour add the potato cubes and mix.
- Add salt, black salt, some of the freshly
grounded cumin seeds and black pepper powder, garam masala
powder, lemon juice and coriander leaves to the potatoes and
- Add the remaining grounded powder and
sprinkle some water.
- Cover and cook on low heat for two to three
minutes. Serve hot.